Guidance for the “Socially Distant Camp & Ride Weekend” Bike Bash WV, July 17-19, 2020
The gate to the venue area will open at 10:00am Friday and close around 5:00pm Sunday.
There will be no organized events during the weekend. Please resist the urge to gather in large groups. There will be some locals around to help point you in the right direction concerning trails. The Trailforks app is another good option for navigating the trails.
When you arrive please check-in at registration. You’ll need to sign the property waiver. Please have a face covering with you and practice social distancing.
Ask yourself, should I come to this event?
We are asking all participants to self-screen for symptoms of COVID-19. If you are currently, have recently, or start to exhibit any of these symptoms please do not come to this event or leave immediately.
- No person shall attend the event that has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 without having recently been tested or quarantined for 14 days.
- A temperature of 100 degrees or more
- A fever in the last 48 hours
- A loss of taste or smell
- Has had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours
- Has experienced a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat
What you need to bring to this event.
- Please bring a face covering with you and wear it if you find yourself standing in line or interacting with staff or volunteers. Our intent is to keep any type of gathering to a minimum. Please be conscious of social distancing if you find yourself waiting in line.
- Please bring a personal supply of hand sanitizer and sterile wipes. There will be hand sanitizer in the portable toilets and at the check in area but it can’t hurt to have your own to use when necessary.
- Bring your own pen. We’ll have pens but it would be better to bring your own to reduce cross contamination.
- Bring your own food. We won’t have any food vendors. We will have water. Please come prepared with everything that you need for a self-supported event.
Online registration will close on July 15 at 11:59pm.
Please check in at registration when you arrive. Everyone will need to sign the property waiver. If you are pre-registered then you have already paid. If you aren’t pre-registered, please be ready to pay digitally using Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org). The cost will be $25 for those 17 years old +, 16 and younger are free.
Camping for this event will open at 10:00am on Friday with no assigned camping spots – everything is first come first serve. The camping will take place at the Mountain Top Venue. There is plenty of space to stay socially distant. We will have portable toilets, showers, and hand wash infrastructure available. Below is a list of other camping rules that should be followed:
- No large group campsites
- You should only camp with those that are part of your family unit or that you live with or you should remain socially distant and/or wear a face covering
- Please keep 30 feet between each campsite
- **VERY IMPORTANT** No building rock rings or fires in the open field area. You may have a fire in the field area if you bring a Chimnea or a fire structure with a metal bottom. If you are camping in the wooded area, fires are allowed in currently established fire rings.
- You are responsible for your own trash. There is a trash transfer station down the hill from the camping area where you can leave your trash (down the hill on the right just past the lagoon).
- Visiting with other campers if allowed as long as social distancing guidance is followed.
Contact BikeBigBearWV@gmail.com or (301) 501-1516 with questions